Employer Paid Benefits and More!
Countryside Bank is always looking for bright, energetic, self-starters who possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If this sounds like you, we invite you to come grow with us!
We've previously been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune, and three years in a row were named one of Chicago's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For by the National Association for Business Resources! This honor is awarded to companies that recognize employees as their greatest assets, and work with imagination and conviction to create organizational value and business results through their people.
Any current openings will be posted below, or you can call (708) 485-3100 to inquire. We offer a generous benefits package in a great working environment.
Countryside Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Relationship Banker - Retail
Posting Date: 9/23/2015
Location: Position available at our Countryside location - 6734 Joliet Road
Requisition Code: RB92315C
Reports to: Branch Manager
Key Competencies: Communicating Effectively, Operational Soundness, Integrity & Trust, Process Management, Client Experience, Sales Aptitude, Sound Judgment, Stage Presence, and Technology Proficiency
The primary responsibilities of the Relationship Banker are Sales, Service, and Operations. The Relationship Banker works as the primary contact for clients and prospects and handles all cash and personal banking responsibilities. The Relationship Banker will ensure the client’s needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfill the client’s immediate and future financial needs. The Relationship Banker will build new and maintain existing client relationships, resulting in outcomes that define a great client experience, operational soundness, and growth of the bank.
Key Competencies: Communicating Effectively, Operational Soundness, Integrity & Trust, Process Management, Client Experience, Sales Aptitude, Sound Judgement, State Presence, and Technology Proficiency
- Perform all personal banking and teller procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Understand adherence, and ensure compliance to, bank policies and procedures
- Exhibit expertise knowledge of all products and services as well as complex transactions and act as a resource for others
- Exercise independent judgment
- Maintain and support the sale of banking products and services by generating and following up on leads.
- Work with prospective and existing clients to assess potential banking needs.
- Conduct sales calls to consumers, by phone or in person to achieve sales goals
- Meet or exceed current sales goals by selling and cross-selling bank products and services to clients that satisfy the financial needs and objectives of the clients
- Understand, adhere to, and ensure compliance to bank policies and procedures
- Assist in the daily operation of the branch and provide support to meet daily sales objectives
- Demonstrate sound judgment, while adapting easily to change
- Minimize and prevent possible bank losses, i.e. fraud loss, cash differences, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the bank’s corporate culture and value system
- Project a pleasant and professional appearance
- Lead by example
- Take initiative in developing skills and assisting the branch as a whole
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be willing to take ownership for his/her work
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Detect and deter fraud. Report all identified incidents of fraud and dishonesty.
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations applicable to the position
- High School Diploma or GED or 2 years equivalent work experience
- The position requires lifting objects of 30lbs, reaching, and removing objects of 15lbs above height level, and bending to floor level
- The position will require opening and/or closing the Bank
- The position requires a valid Driver’s License and access to a personal motor vehicle for travel to other locations
- Client focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Position offers a competitive salary and company-paid benefit package.
SUBMIT RESUME TO: Careers@BankCountryside.com and refer to Requisition Code listed above