WE ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS OUR TEAM.
We know that one way to attract good people is by creating a work environment where they enjoy where they work and they feel empowered by changing the lives of our customers. The simple truth is that people who work here, enjoy being surrounded by people who enjoy what they do.
- Professional development to help you maximize your career
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and more, including Pet Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Quarterly bank sponsored events, such as outings to Arlington Race Track, bank wide bowling league, invitations to sporting events, special employee contests, incentives and more.
If you share a passion for the community you work in, you just may be a great fit at Countryside Bank.
Countryside Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other protected classes.
Posting Date: 8/7/2019
Reports to: Branch Manager
The primary responsibilities of the Relationship Banker are Sales, Service, and Operations. The Relationship Banker works as the primary contact for clients and prospects and handles all cash and personal banking responsibilities. The Relationship Banker will ensure the client’s needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfill the client’s immediate and future financial needs. The Relationship Banker will build new and maintain existing client relationships, resulting in outcomes that define a great client experience, operational soundness, and growth of the bank.
Additionally, a successful candidate will have ties within their community that can be utilized to build a referral network, source outside event sponsorships, and other ways to generate business outside of the bank’s four walls. Candidate should be comfortable asking for business from prospects, current customers, and community partners.
- Perform all personal banking and teller procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Understand adherence, and ensure compliance to, bank policies and procedures
- Exhibit expertise knowledge of all products and services as well as complex transactions and act as a resource for others
- Exercise independent judgment
- Maintain and support the sale of banking products and services by generating and following up on leads.
- Work with prospective and existing clients to assess potential banking needs.
- Conduct sales calls to consumers, by phone or in person to achieve sales goals
- Meet or exceed current sales goals by selling and cross-selling bank products and services to clients that satisfy the financial needs and objectives of the clients
- Understand, adhere to, and ensure compliance to bank policies and procedures
- Assist in the daily operation of the branch and provide support to meet daily sales objectives
- Demonstrate sound judgment, while adapting easily to change
- Minimize and prevent possible bank losses, i.e. fraud loss, cash differences, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the bank’s corporate culture and value system
- Project a pleasant and professional appearance
- Lead by example
- Take initiative in developing skills and assisting the branch as a whole
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be willing to take ownership for his/her work
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Detect and deter fraud. Report all identified incidents of fraud and dishonesty.
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations applicable to the position.
- High School Diploma or GED or 2 years equivalent work experience
- The position requires lifting objects of 30lbs, reaching, and removing objects of 15lbs above height level, and bending to floor level
- The position will require opening and/or closing the Bank
- The position requires a valid Driver’s License and access to a personal motor vehicle for travel to other locations
- Client focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Key Competencies: Communicating Effectively, Operational Soundness, Integrity & Trust, Process Management, Client Experience, Sales Aptitude, Sound Judgment, Stage Presence, and Technology Proficiency.
High School Diploma or GED and 2 years equivalent work experience – cash handling.
Submit resume referring to Relationship Banker Countryside Ref# D872019 at email@example.com or apply at any Countryside Bank location.