First-Time Home Buyer Savings Plan
Yes - you can be a Homeowner!! Even putting aside $25/week can add up to a down payment!
Whether you want to buy a condominium, town home or single family home in 6 months or 4 years - we are here to help you. At Countryside Bank, we can make saving for your down payment easier with a new program specifically designed to help you achieve your goal...your new home. Every step of the way, Countryside Bank will be by your side, guiding you through the process. As you are saving your money, you’ll be awarded a higher savings rate, allowing you to get the most out of your savings. Currently this program is paying 5.00% APY*.
Getting started is easy! If you want to get the ball rolling, or have any questions about the program, call or email Liz Zilis at 708-485-9358. Working with us, you'll have a customized savings plan, built especially for you and tailored around your needs. Before you know it, you'll be moving into your very first home!
- You must be a First-Time Home Buyer as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (click here for the full definition).
For most people, this means...
- An individual who has had no ownership in a principal residence during the past 3 years. This includes a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time home buyers).
- A single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married.
- You must have a Countryside Bank Grow Checking** account and have your agreed minimum transfer auto debited. This could be $25 a week, $50 a month - whatever works best for your budget. We will work with you to help determine the right amount for you.
- Fully participate and agree with the First-Time Home Buyer Savings Plan.
And now for the fine print...
*Annual percentage yield. This is a fixed rate account, effective date 5/1/17. Term is 5 years with no penalty to close after 6 months, providing you the flexibility to save for as short or as long as you need. If the First-Time Home Buyer Savings Plan Account is closed and not used to purchase a principal residence, a penalty equal to the loss of interest at 4.00% APY will be assessed. Minimum balance to open and to obtain the APY is $25.00. Interest compounds quarterly. Minimum balance to maintain account will vary based on your savings plan. You must have a Grow Checking account and have your agreed minimum transfer auto debited. **$25 required to open a Grow Checking Account. Member FDIC.