Saving for a home can seem overwhelming. Whether you want to buy a condominium, townhome or single family home in 6 months or 4 years - we are here to help you. At Countryside Bank, we can make saving for your down payment easier with a new program specifically designed to help you achieve your goal...your new home. Every step of the way, Countryside Bank will be by your side, guiding you through the process. As you are saving your money, you’ll be awarded a higher savings rate, allowing you to get the most out of your savings. Currently this program is paying 5.00% APY*.
Getting started is easy, call to talk to your Branch Manager and make an appointment. Working with us, you'll have a customized savings plan, built especially for you and tailored around your needs. Before you know it, you'll be moving into your very first home!
Burbank: Barbara Langnes, 708-485-6085
Chicago: Colin Gorman, 708-485-8318
Countryside: Deno Koutsoupias, 708-485-9347
Darien: Lissette DeJesus, 708-485-4141
Homer Glen: Barb Iovinelli, 708-485-7045
- You must be a First-Time Home Buyer as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) which is an individual who meets any of the following criteria:
- An individual who has had no ownership in a principal residence during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase of the property. This includes a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time home buyers).
- A single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married.
- An individual who is a displaced homemaker and has only owned with a spouse.
- An individual who has only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations.
- An individual who has only owned a property that was not in compliance with state, local or model building codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure.
- You must have a Grow Checking** account and have your agreed minimum transfer auto debited.
- Fully participate and agree with the First-Time Home Buyer Savings Plan.
*Annual percentage yield. This is a fixed rate account, effective date 5/1/17. Term is 5 years with no penalty to close after 6 months, providing you the flexibility to save for as short or as long as you need. Interest compounds quarterly. If the First-Time Home Buyer Savings Plan Account is closed and not used to purchase a principal residence, a penalty equal to the loss of interest at 4.00% APY will be assessed. Minimum balance to open and to obtain the APY is $25.00. Minimum balance to maintain account will vary based on your savings plan. You must have a Grow Checking account and have your agreed minimum transfer auto debited. **$25 required to open a Grow Checking Account. Member FDIC.